The work of the Tweens Nutrition and Fitness Coalition has been featured in a number of peer reviewed journals and text books.
- Alfonso ML, McDermott RJ, Thompson Z, Bryant CA, Courtney AH, Jones JA, et al. Vigorous physical activity among tweens, VERB Summer Scorecard program, Lexington, Kentucky, 2004-2007. Prev Chronic Dis 2011;8(5):A104. http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2011/sep/10_0173.htm
- Morris, C. T, Courtney, A.H., Bryant, C.A., McDermott, R.J. Grab ‘N’ Go Breakfast at School: Observations from a Pilot Program. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 43:3, p.209-209. May/June, 2010.
- Bryant, C. A., Courtney, A. H., McDermott, R. J., Alfonso, M. L., Baldwin, J. A., Nickelson, J., Brown, K. R. M., DeBate, R. D., Phillips, L. M., Thompson, Z., & Zhu, Promoting physical activity among youth through community-based prevention marketing. Journal of School Health. 2011.
- Bryant, C. A., Courtney, A. H., Baldwin, J. & McDermott, R. J., Peterson, M., & Koonce, D.VERBTM Summer Scorecard. In Kotler, Roberto, & Lee. Social Marketing: Improving the Quality of Life.(Second edition). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. 2011.
- Rosemary Bretthauer-Mueller, Judy M. Berkowitz, PhD, Melonie Thomas, MBA, Susan McCarthy, MPH, Lula Anna Green, Heidi Melancon, MPH, Anita H. Courtney, MS, RD, Carol A. Bryant, PhD and Kristin Dodge, MPH. Catalyzing Community Action within a National Campaign. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Volume 34, Issue 6, pp S210-S221; June 2008.
- Courtney, A., Florida Prevention Research Center, VERB Partnership Team. Designing a Successful VERB Scorecard Campaign in Your Community. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2006.
- Bryant, C. A., Courtney, A. H., Baldwin, J. A., McDermott, R. J., Nickelson, J. & McCormack Brown, K. R. (in press). The VERBTM Summer Scorecard. In Hastings, G. The Potential of Social Marketing: Why Should the Devil Have All the Best Tunes?” Oxford, UK: Elsevier, 2007.